Develop a master plan for refractory maintenance to ensure optimum reliability taking into account the production capacity and constraints of the anode baking furnaces
Review the bill of materials, drawings, specifications and lining procedures for the anode baking furnaces
- Ensure the efficient and cost effective maintenance of the refractory to achieve quality production and minimize bake anode rejections
- Ensure that all safety rules, policies and operational procedures are adhered to in order to minimize the risk of accidents and injuries.
- Ensure appropriate coordination with Warehouse, Purchasing and maintenance to facilitate timely availability of refractory materials
- Ensure training of the staff to achieve a high- level of competency
- Identify continuous improvement and performance enhancement projects to achieve the best results.
- Ensure that all activities which are under his control are executed safely, with due regard to the many different types of hazards which are present in various parts of this plant, to minimize risk to his subordinates and others.
- Define, plan and procure the resources necessary to provide the level of service required to meet department and user objectives.
- Set and maintain high standards of safety and house keeping ensuring activities are carried out safely, efficiently to high standards of workmanship and support the development of the safety culture.
- Anode baking plant